KUB must notify customers of sewer lateral problems and ensure they make repairs and remove prohibited connections, as required by KUB Rules and Regulations and area plumbing codes.

The notification letters that KUB sends to homeowners who have lateral problems include information about grants that are available to help fund repairs.

The KUB-funded grant program is administered by the Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee. The CAC takes applications, schedules plumbers, and pays repair costs.

Approval is based on income, but not income alone. The CAC adjusts for family size, medical expenses, and other qualifying factors.

To see if you qualify for a grant to repair your lateral, please call the CAC at 637-9073.