As part of KUB’s commitment to helping customers during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond, KUB and its partner network of approximately 200 agencies work to provide bill payment assistance to those in need.

Learn More About KUB's Assistance Efforts

Please call us at 865-524-2911 or one of our partner service agencies listed below if you think you will have trouble paying an upcoming bill. Assistance resources may also be found by calling 211 East Tennessee at 865-215-4211.

THDA COVID-19 Rent Relief

THDA's COVID-19 Rent Relief program is available for renters struggling to pay rent, utilities, or other home energy costs due to loss of wages/income as a result of the pandemic. Funding is available to households for payment of past-due expenses and/or eligible future rent. A landlord and tenant must participate in the application process. 

Non-Knox County Residents: 

For frequently asked questions about the program and eligibility, click here.

Non-Knox County Residents Apply Here

Knox County Residents: 

Knox County Residents Apply Here

COVID Utility Relief Effort (CURE) Funding Available 

KUB has funding available for customers through the COVID Utility Relief Effort (CURE) in partnership with TVA and the Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC). To apply for CURE funding, customers must have an outstanding balance, but there are no income requirements. 

Residential Applications (Currently Closed)

CURE has assisted approximately 9,000 residential customers. Residential applications are currently closed.

Business Applications

KUB electric business customers can receive a one-time payment of up to $3,000 toward a past-due balance. To apply for CURE funding, complete an online application or call CAC at 865-244-3085 and leave a message. Please be prepared to provide proof of an outstanding balance with KUB, photo ID, and proof of affiliation with the business seeking funding. Please allow up to five weeks for application processing. 

Business Application

Please call KUB at 865-524-2911 with questions. Additional bill assistance opportunities are listed below by county.

Project Help

Project Help is an emergency energy assistance program that assists people in need living within the KUB service area, regardless of the energy source in their home. Project Help is committed to helping customers who need financial assistance on their utility bills due to circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.

For more information about Project Help, click here.

To apply for Project Help assistance, call 865-637-6700.

Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program & Additional Resources

LIHEAP is a federally funded grant program that assists qualifying households in meeting their energy needs. The LIHEAP application must be submitted through an agency based on the customer's county of residence. 

Knox County

Blount County

  • Blount County Community Action Agency (CAA)

    Blount County residents may be eligible for LIHEAP assistance, as long as funding is available. Eligibility is also based on a priority point system so that households with members who are elderly, disabled and/or under the age of six. Persons interested in applying for assistance should contact Blount County Community Action Agency for an appointment and application.

Anderson and Union Counties

  • East Tennessee Human Resources Agency (ETHRA)
    Anderson County: 865-457-3352 
    Union County: 865-992-8816

    ETHRA, like CAC, facilitates the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which helps families with their home energy bills. Assistance is available once a year, and emergency funds are set aside for families facing a shut-off or energy services. Applications are taken quarterly during the months of January, April, July, and October. Please call 1-844-309-0416 two weeks before these months begin to find out if you are eligible to receive these funds.

Grainger, Jefferson, and Sevier Counties

  • Douglas-Cherokee Economic Authority
    Grainger County: 865-828-5228 
    Jefferson County: 865-475-4745 
    Sevier County: 865-453-7131

    The Douglas-Cherokee Economic Authority administers the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which  provides assistance with home heating and cooling needs and is open to all households that meet income guidelines and provide documentation of all household income.