- What are the advantages of natural gas?
Natural gas is a clean-burning, highly-efficient energy source. For more information about the advantages of natural gas, visit https://www.aga.org.
- Who is eligible for the rebate?
This offer is valid for residential KUB natural gas customers with current accounts who replace existing electric appliances with new natural gas appliances or who convert propane appliances to natural gas appliances. This offer is also valid for existing residential KUB natural gas customers who add new natural gas appliances, such as fireplace logs. This offer is not valid for the replacement of existing natural gas appliances. This offer is not valid for customers who install a single appliance as part of a new natural gas service. This offer is not valid for new residential construction.
- Who handles the conversion of an existing propane appliance to natural gas?
You are responsible for contracting conversion of your appliance.
- Where do I purchase my appliances?
You may purchase a new appliance from any appliance or retail store that carries natural gas appliances.
- What types of appliance conversions are eligible for the rebates?
Rebates are available for the following appliances: furnace, water heater, cooktop/range, clothes dryer, or fireplace logs.
- Who handles installation of new and removal of old appliances?
You are responsible for contracting installation and removal.
- Do I need a permit for a natural gas appliance installation?
You or your contractor are responsible for obtaining any required permits. If you or your contractor are unsure of permitting requirements, contact your local codes enforcement agency.
- How much is the rebate?
Rebate amounts are as follows*:
*Rebate amounts subject to change. Only one rebate per appliance per service address.
- What other criteria must be met to participate in this program?
This offer applies only to purchases made between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. Rebate forms must be submitted within 60 days after the installation of the appliance. All supporting documentation must be included.
- What supporting documentation is required?
In order to receive a rebate, you must attach a copy of the retail receipt for the appliance, as well as a copy of the contractor’s invoice.
- How do I get my rebate?
Complete the online rebate form at www.kub.org/rebates. All required documentation must be submitted
- How long will it take to get my rebate?
Your rebate will appear on your current KUB account within 60 days of application approval.
- I own several properties. Are all of my properties eligible to participate?
All current KUB natural gas customers are eligible to participate in the rebate program. However, only one rebate per appliance type for each dwelling is eligible for a maximum rebate amount of $1,100.
- Who should I contact with any questions concerning my rebate submission?
Contact email@example.com with any questions related to your application for a rebate. For general inquiries about the rebate program, please contact us at (865) 524-2911.
Terms and Conditions:
- This offer is valid for residential KUB natural gas customers who have a current gas account in good standing and who replace existing electric appliances with new natural gas appliances or who convert propane appliances to natural gas appliances. This offer is also valid for existing residential KUB natural gas customers who add new natural gas appliances.
- New appliance installations or conversions are eligible for a rebate based on the current rebate schedule. The rebate schedule may be adjusted by KUB from time to time without notice.
- KUB’s rebate program will be reviewed annually to allow for program adjustments. The rebate program is subject to change or discontinuance without notice.
- The rebate program will allow only one rebate per appliance type for a maximum total rebate amount of $1,100 per dwelling.
- For electric conversions, qualifying purchases must be new; used appliances are not eligible for rebates.
- For propane conversions, existing appliances are eligible, but proof of conversion is required.
- This rebate program offer is not valid for the replacement of existing natural gas appliances.
- This rebate program offer is not available for appliances installed for newly constructed homes, condominiums, apartments, townhomes or any other residential dwellings.
- This offer is not valid for customers who install a single appliance as part of a new natural gas service. Rebates may be available if multiple appliances are installed as part of a new natural gas service.
- The customer must apply for any rebate under this program within 60 days after the appliance installation.
- To qualify for the rebate the customer must submit a copy of the retail receipt for the appliance or conversion kit and a copy of the contractor’s invoice for installation, if applicable.
- To qualify for a rebate the customer must provide all of the information as requested by KUB. Customers submitting incomplete forms will be notified and given 30 days to resubmit.
- Rebates will be issued as a credit to the customer’s KUB account.
- KUB reserves the right to substantiate sales receipts, model numbers and installation information. KUB also reserves the right to request additional documentation and/or a physical inspection.